The Nominations Team consists of a small group who meet during the year to ensure there are sufficient people to fill the various positions on the Leadership Teams and the Executive of EOORC to enable the work of the church to be carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
The mandate is found on p. 34 of the Governance Handbook but here it is so you don’t have to look for it.
LEADERSHIP TEAM: Nominations
Date Approved: February 22, 2020
Responsibilities: To administer process of election/nomination for the Regional Council
We believe that the body of Christ is made up of many parts, that we need many parts for the Church to live into its full mission and purpose. We believe that God has called us to serve in diverse and unique ways and that God equips us with a variety of gifts and skills with which to serve the Church. The Nominating Committee aspires to connect the needs of the Regional Council, with the call of God for the RC and with the particular gifts and skills of the individual members of the RC.
Diverse geographically and in others ways and feel called to this work. Our past president will be encouraged to be a member.
- To ensure openings for positions are clearly communicated
- To prayerfully discern and seek out the right people for the right positions
- To keep track of the terms of office for various positions
- To actively assist in the recruitment through advertising, seeking out and asking individuals to consider serving in a particular position
- To encourage and actively seek out diversity as much as is possible (age, geographic, gender, race, sexual identity, Indigenous, lay and ordered)
The Nominating Committee is tasked with helping to ensure that positions of the Executive, Leadership Teams and other particular roles (such as Commissioners to General Council) are filled within the Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council and that members of the RC are made aware of and are encouraged to seek out opportunities to serve.
Procedures and Applications
- Nominations forms available on the website under nominations
- Advanced advertising of positions
- Attention to diversity during the leadership teams’ discernment process
You may complete the Expression of Interest forms at any time of the year and your interest will be sent to the Chair of the Leadership team you are interested in. This provides a pool of interested members at any time when a committee needs you. Leadership teams decide on the number of members they need at any one time, so they are encouraged to let you know if you are on the committee or the waiting list.
You will notice some Nominations forms – in particular those for EOORC President Elect and General Council – have a deadline. This is the last date we can submit your name for this Expression of Interest.
If you have ever considered being part of a Leadership Team or serving in some other way but are not quite sure what you are getting into, please feel free to contact any of our members who will more than happy to answer your questions.They are:
Expression of Interest Forms
Expression of Interest for Leadership Teams and Executive Committee
Expression of Interest for President Elect
General Council Nomination Form