2021 EOORC Online Fall Meeting, November 27, 2021
An Invitation From Your EOORC President
Dear EOORC Family,
Saturday, November 27, 2021, by God’s Grace, we will gather virtually from 9 a.m. to noon. The Zoom space will open at 8:30 a.m. where we can connect and have a visit as much as possible and/or ask our technical questions on that day’s Zoom connection.
Today, with this note, I wish to invite you personally to this gathering. As much as it feels that COVID has stopped us in our tracks, but the Work and the Mission of God continues in many ways. Let us come together and celebrate the Presence and the Peace of God as we are aware that God is always Preparing the Way.
Yes, you guessed it. The theme for our half-day gathering is, Preparing the Way. We know that God is the God of Preparing, Moving and Guiding, but we need to take the time to be attentive and ready to prepare, move and be guided ourselves. This is truly an amazing way to gather and prepare our hearts and minds as we welcome the very First Sunday of Advent, the very next day. The Season of Anticipation filled with Hope, Peace, Joy and Love.
Your Executive and the Planning Team works more than it is apparent, and we need your help to carry on the load. Would you consider the following?
- We need one more GC-44 Commissioner Alternate (July 2022)
- We need you to bring forth all proposals for GC-44 by October 30, 2021.
Please send nominations and proposals to Joel Miller (JMiller@united-church.ca)
Beloved, come with an open heart and mind, not just to debate decisions, but to remind one another that we are gathered in the name of Love and no matter how distant we are from one another, God’s Love holds us together, as we are also Preparing the Way for better tomorrows for everyone…
Sincerely & Prayerfully,
Rev. Takouhi Demirdjian-Petro, President, Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council
Thanks for attending the EOORC 2021 Fall Meeting.
EOORC will hold its next meeting on February 26, 2022
EOORC 2021 Virtual Fall Gathering
“Preparing the Way”
November 27, 2021, 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Download: Draft Agenda for November 27 2021
- 8:30 – 8:55 – Registration/Gathering
(8:30 Registration, Zoom info., etc.)
- 8:55 – Gathering SONG/MUSIC (“Into the Sacred”)
- 9:00 – 9:05 – President’s Welcome – Rev. Takouhi
- 9:05 – 9:25 – Opening Worship
- Omnibus Motion & Rules of Engagement for this meeting.
- 9:25 – 9:40 – Affirming Team
- 9:40 – 10:05 – 2022 Budget – Rev. Brian Cornelius
- Report – Mission Support Grants
- Video – UPRC (United Property Resource Corporation) – Rosemary
- 10:05 – 10:15 – Health Break
- 10:15 – 10:20 – Gathering SONG/MUSIC (“Into the Sacred”)
- 10:20 – 10:40 – Report from GCE
- Arlyce Schiebout & Rev. Teresa Burnett-Cole
- 10:40 – 10:50 Nominations Commissioners for GC 44
- 10:50 – 11:25 – Pastoral Relations Report
- 11:30 – Concluding Worship/Covenanting
Motions from the meeting: MOTIONS_November 27, 2021_EOORC Fall General Meeting
Meeting documents can be downloaded
- Nov 27, 2021_EOORC Fall General Meeting_Draft Motions & Appendices
- Appenidx A_May 7-8 2021_EOORC Annual General Meeting_Draft Minutes
- Appendix B1_Proposal to Create a Camp Awesome Director Position
- Appendix B2_Camp Awesome – Opportunities and Risks
- Appendix B3_Camp Awesome Financial Plan 2022 – 2024
- Appendix B4_ Camp Awesome Director Position Financial Plan
- Appendix C1_Finance Committee Annual Report November 2021
- Appendix C2_2021 Projections and 2022 Budget
- Appendix D_License to Administer the Sacraments Policy
- Video explaining Sacraments Elder Policy
Bryan Cook serves as the Director of Music at St. Andrew’s United Church in Metcalfe, Ontario. He brings years of experience on the bench, as he’s been playing the piano since the age of 9 and playing at churches from the age of 13. Bryan also brings unique gifts to the position of Co-convenor. He’s a former CEO of sports organizations (General Manager, Nepean Hotspurs Soccer Club, and Marketing and Finance Officer of Eastern Ontario Hockey, where he was successful in several fundraising projects, and grant applications. Bryan enjoys composing hymns and anthems in his spare time, when he’s not busy with his young family. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pat Mayberry is a Canadian singer – song and hymn writer with a passion for melody and harmony, and music which touches the listener deeply. She is no stranger to United Church congregations across the country, having four hymns published in the More Voices hymn book, and another one in the Mennonite hymnbook. Pat is a member of First United Church in Ottawa, and has written many hymns, anthems and worship pieces which she generously shares widely with church musicians everywhere. Pat divides her time between Ottawa and Alexandria, Ontario where she and her partner, Dr. Heather McIntosh, own and operate MerryMac Farm. Learn more about Pat’s music (www.patmayberry.com)