Networks, while not formal governance bodies, are central to the living out of the faith of the United Church. Their purpose is to link people working on specific issues or for project work that functions through the whole church, depending on the issue.
Since UCC restructuring in January 2019, a number of regional networks have begun to take shape.
- Healing Pathway (a regional network within the national Healing Pathway Program) Contact: Sharon Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org or Howard Clark, email@example.com
- Housing Matters (Affordable Housing) EOORC Housing Matters Network
- Right Relations Network Contact: Jane Dawson, JDawson@united-church.ca
- Social Justice Network. Contact Jane Dawson, JDawson@united-church.ca
- Social Justice Network of Ontario Regions (SJNOR). Contact Charles Burnett, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refugee Sponsorship A new email group has been formed for EOORC churches and partner groups that are involved in Refugee Sponsorship. This group is an attempt to have a place to exchange information, and perhaps coordinate or collaborate on sponsorship requests. The initial response has been positive and the group is sharing information such as upcoming seminars, sponsorship’s progress etc. Periodic newsletters will contain these bits of information and updates on National SAH, IRCC and overseas activities (e.g. visa posts, travel). If any church, faith community or sponsorship group wishes to be part of this information sharing, please contact the moderator – email@example.com
- United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel, EOORC chapter. Contact: Jane Dawson, JDawson@united-church.ca
- Urban Indigenous Network. Contact Teresa Burnett-Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, or are part of a network you would like to list on the website, please contact Jane Dawson, Minister Supporting Communities of Faith, Clusters and Networks, JDawson@united-church.ca, 1-800-268-3781, ext. 6245.