Did you know …
United Church Communities of Faith receive over $2.4 million in grants each year?
Did you know that all of that goes to the only six percent of congregations who actively apply for these grants?
This page will help EOORC Communities of Faith find sources of funding for your projects and church maintenance.
Church Extension Committee
The Church Extension Committee provides ongoing support for the Communities of Faith in the Eastern Ontario Outaouais Region with respect to their physical assets and facilities. The Committee provides advice and assistance with respect to:
- new buildings, land and facilities for the purpose of establishing new congregations;
- renovations and upgrades to buildings, equipment and facilities and disposal and demolition of buildings and facilities;
- providing suggestions and advice regarding ways to approach and finance their projects;
- providing financial guidance and support through grants, loans or mortgages to cover a portion of the costs; and,
- to manage the financial assets and land holding entrusted to the corporation.
In November 2021, the Committee revised its policy for grants available to Communities of Faith.
A description of the Committee’s role and activities in fulfilling its mandate, and the services it provides: Church Extension Committee Role, Activities, Support for Communities of Faith
Guidance for Communities of Faith who wish to apply to the Committee: Church Extension Committee – Guidance for Applicants
To contact the Church Extension Committee for further information or to make an application, please contact Graham Campbell at email@example.com
Innovation Grants are all about providing funding to ideas that haven’t received seed funding in the past. This could mean the fledgling idea has started to be experimented with or the idea itself is in its infancy. Before sitting down to fill out the application, you should connect with a staff member from Embracing the Spirit to have a consultation. Visit the Innovation Grants site.
Mission Support and Regional Council Grant 2020
Scrivens and Baillie funds support youth ministry in the EOORC. Contact: Michael Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the brochure about Scrivens/Baillie Grants: Scrivens Brochure
Vision and Transformation Funding
This funding supports Communities of Faith seeking to engage in new mission/ministry projects to enhance their presence in the community. Applications are open to a variety of demographic and program areas to facilitate creativity in the local Community of Faith.
- EOORC List of Principles and Criteria for the Adjudication of EOORC Vision and transformation Team Grants June 15, 2021
- Please send any questions and completed applications to: email@example.com
Woodwark Student Bursary
The Woodwark Student Bursary Fund was established in 1976 by the Reverend Ken Woodwark and his wife Ida in memory of their parents George and Emma Woodwark and George and Katie McDowell. Reverend Woodwark was a Minister at Woodroffe United Church in Ottawa. Interested students should send a letter of interest accompanied by a CV to: Treasurer, Woodroffe United Church, 207 Woodroffe Avenue Ottawa, ON K2A 3V1 firstname.lastname@example.org