Careers & Volunteer Opportunities
Chaplains – Rideau Hill Camp 2020
RHC is a United Church and Ontario Camping Association certified camp on the banks of the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Rideau River just south of Ottawa (near Osgoode and Kemptville). This is an excellent opportunity for ministry personnel throughout the EOORC. Click here ror more information: RHC Chaplains 2020
Camp Cook – Rideau Hill Camp 2020
Minimum age 20. $5,600 – $6,100 plus room and board. June 22 – August 21. Will manage food for a children’s residential camp. Cooking experience, menu planning, budgeting and ordering, food preparation and service, guide and instruct one to two assistants, thorough knowledge of and maintaining proper health standards. Assist with campers as needed. One position. To apply by March 29, visit our website at www.rideauhillcamp.com and go to ‘jobs’
Camp Awesome is Hiring (Ottawa area)
Please see the attached applications forms for Senior Staff, Counsellor and Leaders in Training Positions. Application deadline is March 31. If you are interested in hosting a Camp Awesome Day Camp in your community please contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAMP AWESOME Counsellor 2020 Application
- CAMP AWESOME Senior Staff Application 2020
- CAMP AWESOME Leaders In Training 2020 Application
Camp Lau-Ren is hiring: Head Cook, Assistant Cook, Floater, Caretaker, Counsellors.
To apply for any position, visit our website at www.camplau-ren.com under “Job Postings” to complete an on-line application.
Further information on all positions is available from Ron or Joanne Hartnett, Executive Directors, at email@example.com
Further information on all positions is available from
Ron or Joanne Hartnett, Executive Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Music – Trinity United Church, Ottawa
Called to lead? If you have passion for music that’s spiritual, with talents for leading a choir & congregation of singers on piano & organ, come and play with us! Trinity United Church, Ottawa is a compassionate, progressive and affirming community that nurtures and celebrates each other’s spiritual growth. We are rooted in our Christian tradition and open to the truths of other faiths.
Trinity is seeking a part-time Director of Music (12 hours per week) with a passion for music and a creative spirit. Trinity has a Kawai grand piano and a three manual Casavant pipe organ.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities in the following areas:
- collaboration as a team member of staff working for, and with, the church; open to innovation.
- strong musicality and technicality in playing the piano or pipe organ or both and accompanying other musicians;
- proven experience in directing a choir and making it the best it can possibly be; knowledge and experience of contemporary and traditional styles of secular and church music
- making best use of the musical resources available to Trinity including the music library, piano and organ
- organizational skills, leadership abilities and creative skills, including the ability to promote participation in music activities and events
- familiarity with progressive United Church theology
- remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
For a detailed Job Description please visit our website https://www.trinityunitedottawa.ca. The successful candidate will be required to provide names of three contacts (phone number and email address) for current references. If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply with a resume and covering letter that describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek. Closing date for applications is March 15, 2020. Send to Music Search Committee, Trinity United Church, email@example.com. Start date is negotiable.
Please check back later. There are no volunteer opportunities at this time.