Careers & Volunteer Opportunities
Director of Music – Trinity United Church, Ottawa
Called to lead? If you have passion for music that’s spiritual, with talents for leading a choir & congregation of singers on piano & organ, come and play with us! Trinity United Church, Ottawa is a compassionate, progressive and affirming community that nurtures and celebrates each other’s spiritual growth. We are rooted in our Christian tradition and open to the truths of other faiths.
Trinity is seeking a part-time Director of Music (12 hours per week) with a passion for music and a creative spirit. Trinity has a Kawai grand piano and a three manual Casavant pipe organ.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities in the following areas:
- collaboration as a team member of staff working for, and with, the church; open to innovation.
- strong musicality and technicality in playing the piano or pipe organ or both and accompanying other musicians;
- proven experience in directing a choir and making it the best it can possibly be; knowledge and experience of contemporary and traditional styles of secular and church music
- making best use of the musical resources available to Trinity including the music library, piano and organ
- organizational skills, leadership abilities and creative skills, including the ability to promote participation in music activities and events
- familiarity with progressive United Church theology
- remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
For a detailed Job Description please visit our website https://www.trinityunitedottawa.ca. The successful candidate will be required to provide names of three contacts (phone number and email address) for current references. If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply with a resume and covering letter that describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek. Closing date for applications is March 15, 2020. Send to Music Search Committee, Trinity United Church, firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is negotiable.
Office Administrator – Part-Time Position Queenswood United Church, Orleans
Queenswood United Church (QUC) is located in Queenswood Heights, a suburb of Orleans. We are a welcoming, energetic, inclusive congregation of 70+ families who find joy, support, and strength in worshiping, singing, and working together.
We are seeking a mature, confident, friendly, personable candidate, capable of building a supportive working relationship with our Church Council, our Minister and members of our congregation. The candidate must be gracious, professional, and enthusiastic about working with us. They must possess excellent administrative and communication skills that will serve our Church effectively.
Duties include: typing/printing the weekly order of worship; preparing/distributing the weekly news bulletin; maintaining confidential records related to church donations; issuing tax receipts; providing statistical information to Council; greeting visitors, answering the telephone, directing inquiries; managing incoming mail; preparing email requests/responses; maintaining a filing system; purchasing office supplies; managing the buying and selling of gift cards; receiving invoices, preparing cheques for signature; updating Church financial data base; gathering data for completion of annual statistical forms; compiling information submitted for the annual report; and coordinating rental bookings. A complete job description is available upon request. The candidate requires proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and be familiar with the basics of social media. Knowledge of the software, Power Church would be an asset.
Hours of Work: 13 per week. These hours are typically performed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings but can be modified if necessary. Starting salary is based on the minimum wage.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and support skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
We are accepting resumes highlighting your skills and experience until January 31, 2020, at email@example.com or by mail to Queenswood United Church Joint Search Committee, 360 Kennedy Lane East, Orleans, Ontario, K1E 3P3. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Please check back later. There are no volunteer opportunities at this time.