Careers & Volunteer Opportunities
Director of Music, Trinity United Church, Ottawa
Called to lead? If you have passion for music that’s spiritual, with talents for leading a choir & congregation of singers on piano & organ, come and play with us!
Trinity United Church, Ottawa is a compassionate, progressive and affirming community that nurtures and celebrates each other’s spiritual growth. We are rooted in our Christian tradition and open to the truths of other faiths.
Trinity is seeking a part-time Director of Music (12 hours per week) with a passion for music and a creative spirit. . Trinity has a Kawai grand piano and a three manual Casavant pipe organ.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities in the following areas:
- collaboration as a team member of staff working for, and with, the church; open to innovation.
- musicality and technicality in playing the piano, pipe organ and accompanying other musicians;
- proven experience in directing a choir and making it the best it can possibly be; knowledge and experience of traditional and contemporary styles of secular and church music
- organizational skills, leadership abilities and creative skills, including the ability to promote participation in music activities and events.
- familiarity with progressive United Church theology
Remuneration will be based on experience, qualifications, and the RCCO table of recommended salaries (2019).
For a detailed Job Description please visit our website.
The successful candidate will be required to provide names of three contacts (phone number and email address) for current references.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply with a resume and covering letter that describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek. Closing date for applications is August 31, 2019. Send to Music Search Committee, Trinity United Church, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also visit UCC jobs: https://www.united-church.ca/opportunities
Still to come…