YAYA (Youth and Young Adults)
Resources for Youth and Children During COVID-19
Please find resources for Children, Youth and Young Adult and even Adults to access for entertainment, faith formation, conversation and prayer. All of these resources have been suggested by UCC Minister’s and Staff and offer free materials.
- Daily Zoom Camp with GO Project – https://thegoproject.ca/virtual-camp/
- Daily Youth and Young Adult Check-In Zoom call with Shanna & Dana (3pm Monday to Friday) – https://united-church.zoom.us/j/415462002
PDF Printable Activity Pages – by Tom Schwarzkopf (Barrhaven United Church)
Officially we are:
The Ministry for Youth and Young Adults (aka YAYA) in the Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council (EOORC) of the United Church of Canada and provide leadership and support for people between the ages of 10-35 years.
- Supports existing regional ministries and activities such as Worshiplude, CAMP AWESOME, RendezVous, Open Table, international trips as well as monthly programs and events.
- Visions with Communities of Faith to determine appropriate youth programming.
- Guides in building YAYA programs through funding access and program development.
- Engages with community partners to strengthen networks, build resources and support other youth ministries.
- Encourages gatherings for local and regional youth and young adults.
- Organizes youth delegates at Regional meetings
- Promotes opportunities to engage in relationships with Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth and young adults.
- Works with the YAYA Committee, Networks and Clusters and other Regional Councils.
Camping is a vital and important ministry in The United Church of Canada. For over 85 years, people of all ages and stages of life have come to United Church camps to live in community, develop leadership skills, experience the outdoors, have fun, and deepen their faith in God. Within the Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council 12 there are residential and day camps offering the camp experience to all. This important ministry is part of the larger Youth and Young Adult Ministry within the region and works to connect camps with campers. For further information click on the links below.