United Church Women
The UCW’s mission is to love God; foster Christian commitment, faithfulness, and spirituality; and promote respect and love for all God’s creation.
Any woman “willing to contribute her prayers, gifts, and services for the work of the Church” may join the United Church Women (UCW). Along with providing important networking and social bonding opportunities, the UCW has led discussions on, for example, feminism and restorative justice. Indeed, says Moderator Jordan Cantwell, United Church Women are the “hands and feet” of the church.
In the EOORC, there are a number of UCWs. These include: Admaston, Arnprior, Beachburg, Calvin, Chalk River, Cobden, Foresters Falls, Glasgow, Greenwood, Gutherie/Clayton, Haley Station, Locksley, Matawatchan, Mount Zion, Renfrew, Schutt, Wesley, Westmeath.
Still to come
Minutes of the Inaugural EOORC UCW Meeting
February 9, 2019, Winchester United Church
- Sixteen women attended the first Eastern Ontario Outaouais Region United Church Women meeting held on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at Winchester United Church.
- Several business items were discussed.
- The official name of the region is Eastern Ontario Outaouais Region United Church Women (EOOR).
- As for the executive positions, it was agreed there would be a past-president, co-presidents, co-vice-presidents, secretary, treasurer, 4 area representative, 2 members at large and portfolios of archives, resource, stewardship/outreach, leadership and communication.
- Linda Stronski and Kim Baird are the co-presidents; Barbara DeJeet is past-president and Kim Baird will also be treasurer.
- Barbara DeJeet will lead an ad hoc committee to recreate bylaws for EOOR.
- Three of the portfolio positions were filled: Connie Tabbert is Chair of Communications; Carolle Dallas-Arbuckle is Chair of Stewardship and Outreach and Charlotte Hoy is Chair of Leadership.
- Women to fill the vacant members will be sought at local UCW meetings.
- Kim Baird and Linda Stronski will prepare a budget for the 2019 year.
- An annual meeting will be held in 2020.
- The next meeting of EOOR UCW is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28 in Arnprior.