- This event has passed.
Ministry Personnel Workshop – Honouring Our Pain
October 13, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Work That Reconnects (WTR), pioneered by Joanna Macy, offers a supportive structure and interactive practices that:
- help transform pain into courage, compassion and creativity; qualities that allow us to respond to ecological and social emergencies with wisdom and integrity;
- strengthen resilience through the expression of experiences of grief, fear, isolation & overwhelm;
- mitigate tendencies to isolation, depression and powerlessness and help re-engage with a sense of belonging to the interconnected web of life;
- offer ways to embody a vision of justice, ecological integrity, radical hospitality, and inclusivity;
- help each person to clarify their next steps for life on earth.
Robin Macdonald is a spiritually-rooted facilitator, moving at the intersections of social justice, earth care, spirituality and mental health. Part of the Scottish-Irish diaspora living on Turtle Island, Robin is a restorative justice practitioner, communal grief and Work that Reconnects facilitator, Yasodhara Yoga teacher and writer. Core to her work is the role of community in healing and thriving.
Andrea Prazmowski’s commitment to this work is rooted in her evolving faith journey and her deep connection to the whole of Nature. She has facilitated numerous volunteer initiatives and learning circles over the past 30 years, including as a volunteer and staff person in the United Church. Andrea is a Nature & Forest Therapy Guide, a Healing Pathway practitioner, and has coordinated and led a series of “Forest Church” gatherings in Ottawa.
Robin and Andrea are grateful for the support of the United Church’s Emerging Spirit Fund, to help bring The Work That Reconnects to more communities.
Register HERE Or contact email@example.com
Limited spaces – maximum 22 participants.